- Premium grade double-face sheepskin
- Low-shorn 6mm fleece pile for neat look and comfort
- Italian, veg-tanned horsehide trim around all edges for durability
- Italian, veg-tanned horsehide pockets
- Dull-nickel vintage metal zip
- Available in sizes 36 - 46
- LONG fittings are also available in each of the listed sizes by special request. However, they are non-returnable unlike Regular sizes. If you wish to order a LONG please contact us.
Shearling vests were adopted by the USAAF in WWII for afford airmen some extra warmth under their leather flight jackets, when it wasn't quite cold enough to require their full sheepskin 2-piece suits. It was categorised as an 'intermediate' flight vest, Type C-3.
Basically it was the conception of the 'body-warmer', and proved to be immensely popular not only by aircrew but also in the post-war years for those enjoying outdoor pursuits such as motorcycling. A number of civilian variants soon followed, with nicer trim, and the addition of pockets.
Our version is taken from a vintage original, and is embellished with pockets and rivets for extra comfort and strength. They are contour cut purposely to fit very neatly to the body, with low pile fleece, so as to be worn easily with or without an over jacket. They are also kept at hip length, so as not to bunch when sitting on a bike or driving - just like the originals.