- These will soon be in stock and we are taking pre-orders now. Payment will not be taken from your card until goods are ready for sending.
- Produced exclusively for ELMC by John Lofgren of Japan
- Bench-made on traditional lasts
- Top grain, aniline-dyed, veg-tanned steer-hide
- Fully leather-lined
- Goodyear storm welt (UK)
- Double stitched at high stress points
- Hand-stitched shaft seam
- Original Cats Paw heels
- Custom made US Army WWII chequered pattern soles
- Solid brass blackened buckles
- Shuttle-loom woven labels
- Available in half sizes 7 - 11 (UK sizing)
To produce the very finest high-end version of this boot model has been on the wish list of our company for many years. Finally, through the strong collaboration between ourselves and the John Lofgren workshops of Japan, that quest has become a reality.
Conceived in 1937, alledgedly at the request of General Patton, the Tanker Boot is designed for faster applicaton and removal to a normal lace-up combot boot, whilst still giving good ankle support.
We feel we have created the definitive version, and we can assure you they are absolutely stunning. Using a pair of original WWII vintage Tanker Boots we had the lasts custom made exactly to the original, along with all the other details.
The shape and fit is simply fantastic - snug shapely ankle throat, correct bow to the sole and elegant shape to the vamp make these one kick-ass pair of boots.
They are rugged looking, as well as elegant and are so easy to put on and take off. They are in our opinion the ultimate utility boot and we are so pleased to have made these a reality.